Friday 8 May 2015

Evaluation: Question 3

What Kind of Media Institution might distribute your products and why?

Image result for bauer media logoI would like Bauer to distribute my music magazine 'Shuffle.' This is because Bauer is one of the biggest publishing groups in Europe. It distributes big magazine names such as Q and has an umbrella of business deals. Bauer has a portfolio of more than 600 magazines, over 400 digital products and 50 radio and TV stations around the world. Bauer as a publishing company are recognised world wide. I would like Bauer to distribute my product as they would help my magazine reach a wider audience.

In order to reach a wider audience I have made Shuffle a multi-media platform brand. I would like for Bauer to ensure each of these platforms achieve the same success. Bauer could help with Radio and Television, in order to make my other platforms of equal success and make my magazine more recognisable, like they do for Q Magazine.

Bauer connect with a wide audience and reach thousands around the world. This is the type of business I would want to distribute my magazine as I would want my audience to connect with my magazine as well as it reaching a vast audience. Even though IPC Media (now TimeIncUK) have a large portfolio of magazines, I feel Bauer would help push my magazine through the market and make it more recognisable internationally.


In order for my magazine to reach a wide audience within the UK, I would like the UK's largest distributor Frontline to distribute my magazine. Frontline distribute hundreds of magazines across the UK, this includes 54 of the top 200 selling titles in the UK. Frontline is a clear choice for distributor as they have such success. I feel if my magazine Shuffle is
distributed by Frontline, it would appeal to a wider audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment